- Early Italian lyric poetry
- Visions and dreams in medieval Italian literature and culture
- Cognitive literary studies
- Translation studies
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- ‘Sensation (Un)bound: Literary Synaesthesia and Cross-Sensory Perception in Dante’s Purgatorio 24,’ Bibliotheca Dantesca: Journal of Dante Studies, Vol. 3 (2020), 86-106.
- ‘Rapture and Visionary Violence in Dante’s Purgatorio 9,’ Annali d’Italianistica 39 (2021), 247‑72.
- ‘Vita nova XXIX: the “Nineness” of Beatrice and the Subtlety of Interpretation,’ in Rereading Dante’s Vita nova, ed. Zygmunt Barański and Heather Webb (Notre Dame University Press, 2023), forthcoming.
- PhD in Italian, University of Cambridge, UK (thesis: ‘Sensory Perception in Dante’s Dreams and Visions,’ supervisor: Prof. Heather Webb)
- MPhil in European, Latin American and Comparative Literatures and Cultures, University of Cambridge, UK
- BA in English, University of Cambridge, UK
Scholarships & Prizes
- 2022: Vilnius University Foundation Research Grant.
- 2020: The Italian Studies Library Research Award, University of Notre Dame.
- 2018-2021: The Vice-Chancellor’s & Selwyn Sykes Postgraduate Research Scholarship, University of Cambridge.
- 02/2023. ‘Dante’s Dream Language,’ UCC Dante Public Lecture Series 2023, University College Cork.
- 04/2022. ‘Multisensory Commedia: Synaesthetic Writing and Dante’s Immersive Sensescapes,’ the Leeds Centre for DanteStudies lunch series, University of Leeds.
Other Conference Papers
- 11/2022. ‘Voicing Dante’s Wife: The Multiple Lives of Gemma Donati,’ Conference ‘Dante Futures: New Voices in the UK andIreland,’ University College Cork.
- 09/2022. ‘God‑made Images and Dante’s Synaesthetic Art on the Terrace of Pride,’ VI. Forum Kunst des Mittelalters, Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- 07/2022. ‘Reimagining the Dream Poet: Edward Burne‑Jones’s Dantean Chaucer,’ the 22nd Biennial New Chaucer SocietyCongress, Durham University.
- 05/2022. ‘Dante’s “Other” Women and the Socially Extended Mind in the Vita nova,’ the 57th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- 09/2021. ‘Materialità e immaterialità sulla cornice degli iracondi (Purgatorio 15 e 17),’ Congresso Dantesco Internazionale ‘Alma Dante’ 2021, Ravenna, Italy.