- Researchers in the department
- Website of the Department of Lithuanian Studies
- Lithuanian language courses and testing
- Find us!
Universiteto St 5, LT-01513 Vilnius. Phone +370 5 2687214
Head of the department – Assoc prof dr Loreta Vilkienė
Administrator – Lina Blauzdavičiūtė
The Department of Lithuanian Studies carries out scientific research, applied, and pedagogic activities. Aims of Pedagogic Activities:
- To implement the graduate programme of applied linguistics and teach subjects of applied linguistics such as applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, etc.
- In compliance with the European proficiency levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2), to teach Lithuanian and introduce the latest sociocultural happenings to foreign students.
- To teach Lithuanian grammar, lexis, reading comprehension, oral and written communication, ethnoculture, etc., to course participants.
- To teach application-based subjects, such as norm theory and practice, text editing, rhetoric, stylistics, testing theory and practice, methodology of teaching foreign languages, etc., to students of Vilnius University who study the Faculties of Philology, Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Natural Sciences, Communication, and Law.
- To help improve the qualification of teachers and foreign university lecturers who teach Lithuanian. The lecturers of the department are invited to give lectures to teachers of Lithuania and those living abroad.