Individual Study Plan
If there are elective subjects indicated in your study plan, you can choose these subjects not only from the ones suggested in your program but also from the subjects from the List of Open Electives by filling in an individual study plan.
With the individual study plan you can choose electives in other faculties as well, if the professor, who teaches that subject, agrees to accept you.
If you choose subjects at VU KnF, you have to receive approval from the professor who teaches the subject and you have to inform the Study Department of VU KnF via e-mail i
When you fill the application for an individual study plan on is.vu.lt you need to attach the approval of the professor and the approval of that faculty's Study Department.
The List of Open Electives 2022/2023 Fall Semester
If you want to arrange an individual study plan for open electives instead of electives taught in your programme, you have to:
- If the number of places in the subject is unlimited, students can register for the subject without the professor's written approval. You only need to submit your Individual study plan via is.vu.lt
- If there is a set number of places in the subject, students can submit their Individual study plans without professor's approval only when the colour of the column is white. If the colour is grey, a written professor's approval (a screenshot of the e-mail) must be attached to the plan (note that you can only attach files in .pdf format).
- Fill a request individual study plan on IS VU (in eAPPLICATIONS section). In the request, you have to name such information (see the picture below): the name of the course, the name and surname of the professor, the study programme in which the subject is taught and its' semester. The relevant information is provided in the table.
ATTENTION: If the number of places in the subject is not specified you must attach professor’s approval to join the course.
4. You can fill in the request from May 9th to 16th and during the first two weeks of the new semester.
*If you have any questions regarding subjects or course descriptions contact the head of study programme in which the subject is taught or the professor. You can also consult with the Study department.
ATTENTION: If you want to register for a course in another programme, please cancel your earlier registration on IS VU.
NOTE: Please always check the language of instruction before you register for a subject.
- Foreign languages are not included in this list, but if you receive a written approval from the professor who teaches the course, you can choose all languages that are taught in our faculty and that are included in the time table. These subjects are worth 5 credits.
- The CERF level of the most languages taught in spring semester – A2.
GUS Subjects and Free Electives
You can also fill an individual study plan for free electives (subjects that are not included in any study programme or for GUS subjects (General university studies).
If you want to choose a free elective or a GUS subject instead of the electives in your study programme, you need to:
1. During the registration or a few days before it starts, contact the Study department () and ask for an individual credit plan for GUS subjects and/or free electives (indicate how many subjects you are going to choose).
2. When the registration opens, register for the GUS or free elective on is.vu.lt
You can find the full list of Free electives here
You can find the full list of GUS subjects here