We have a pleasure to invite you to participate in the 6th International Scientific and Practical Conference ‘Overcoming Linguistic and Communicative Barriers: Education, Science, Culture’ to be held on 16-17 November 2018 at the National Aviation University (Kyiv), the address: Department of Foreign Philology, Kosmonavt Komarov ave. 1, Building 8 (Academic and Research Institute of Humanities), Kyiv, Ukraine. Scientists, university faculty members, translators/interpreters, teachers, PhD and Master students are invited to take part in the Conference.
Subjects of the Conference cover various theoretical and practical aspects of teaching foreign languages, cultural studies, developing socio-cultural competence of future specialists at institutions of higher education.
Working languages of the Conference: Ukrainian, English, German, French, Spanish, Russian.
Co-organisers of the Conference: University of Zagreb (Croatia).
Main areas of concern of the Conference:
- Worldview guides of the contemporary socio-cultural space, their transformations and selection.
- Theoretical and methodological issues of teaching foreign languages for specific purposes.
- Theoretical and methodological issues of teaching a foreign language as the second foreign language.
- Innovative technologies in learning and teaching foreign languages and Ukrainian.
- General issues of Germanic and Romance linguistics.
- Current issues of modernization processes in the Ukrainian educational and scientific space.
- Virtual educational space in the system of vocational foreign language training.
To participate in the Conference, one should send to until 1 November 2018 the following documents:
- a Participant’s Proposal Form;
- a paper in the form of a computer file;
- for students submitting papers solely – a scanned copy of the scientific advisor’s recommendation.
An example of the filled out proposal form, terms of participation and materials submission are included in the Call for Papers. You can download the Call for Papers by pressing the button below.