Address: Universiteto 5, LT-01122 Vilnius
Phone: +370 5 268 7235, +370 5 219 32 47
Office hours: contact via email.
Fields of research
- Film theory
- Media philosophy
- Visual culture
- Scandinavian film
- Introduction to Scandinavian Cinema
- Media Studies: History, Theory, and Aesthetics
- Northern European Film
- Visual Studies
- Language, Society, Culture, Translation (Swedish)
- Research Project
- “Creative and Crime Scene Photography: Staged Patricide and Matricide as Screen Memories in Aida Chehrehgosha’s To Mom, Dad and My Two Brothers”, photographies, 15:2, Oxfordshire: Taylor & Francis, 2022.
- Review: “Jenny Björklund, Maternal Abandonment and Queer Resistance in Twenty-First Century Swedish Literature”, in Contemporary Women’s Writing, Oxford Academic, 2022.
- “Mapping Film-World Relations to Reality: A New Conceptual Cartography,” in The Real of Reality: The Realist Turn in Contemporary Film Theory, Christine Reeh-Peters, Stefan Schmidt, Peter Weibel (eds.), Leiden, Boston u.a.: Brill 2021
- “Performativity and Fragmentation in Samuel Beckettʼs That Time”, Studies in Theatre and Performance, Oxfordshire: Taylor & Francis, 2021
- “Faciality and Ontological Doubt in Ralph Eugene Meatyard’s Photography”, SubStance, vol. 50, no. 1, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2021
- “Cracking the Beckettian Profounds of Mind in Endgame with Game Theory”, Symbolism: An International Annual of Critical Aesthetics, ed. Natasha Lushetich, 2019
- “Thomas Ligottiʼs Bungalow Universe and the Transversal Aesthetics of the Weird”, Horror Studies, 2019
- “The Mash-up of Aesthetics, Theory, and Politics in Laibachʼs Meta-sound”, in Mute Records – Artists, Business, History, eds. Zuleika Beaven, Marcus O'Dair, Richard Osborne, London: Bloomsbury, 2018
- “The Still, Sad Music of Humanity in Doom Metal's Romanticizing Machine”, Criticism: A Quarterly for Literature and the Arts, 59: 3, 2017
- “The Filmic Century/Centuries of the Mind: Tracing the Beginnings of the Subjective Cinema”, in Thinking Reality and Time through Film, eds. Christine Reeh, Jose Manuel Martins, Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017
- “The Intermedial and the Transmedial across Samuel Beckett's Artistic Practices”, Acta Universitatis Sapientiae, Film and Media Studies, 13: 1, 2016
- “On Suffocation in the Silence of Things”, Short Film Studies, 6: 1, 105-108, 2016
- “The Image of a Mind-Skull: Samuel Beckett's ...but the clouds... and Television-Philosophy”, Film-Philosophy, 19: 1, 2015
- “The Walking Dead and the Truly Monstrous... On Television”, in Critical Reflections on Audience and Narrativity: New Connections, New Perspectives, eds.
- Valentina Marinescu, Bianca Mitu, Silvia Branea, Stuttgart: ibidem-Verlag, 2014
- “Laibach's Politics without a Cause or the Unsublated Contradiction”, Krisis: Journal for Contemporary Philosophy, 3, 2013
- “Death (in the Eye) of the Beholder: An Encounter with Victorian Post-mortem Photography”, Synaesthesia: Communication across Cultures, 1: 3, 2012
- “The Persistent ποίησις: Aristotle's Return to the Theory and Practice” (in Lithuanian), LKMA Metrastis XXXIV, 2011
- “The (Un)Importance of Philosophical Text and Philosophy” (in Lithuanian), Knygu Aidai, 2011
- MotherNet, Horizon 2020: Developing a New Network of Researchers on Contemporary European Motherhood, 2021-2023: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/952366
- “Film as Material Inscription of Memory: Aslaug Holm's Brothers(Brødre), 2015”, August 4–7, 2021, International Association for Scandinavian Studies 33rd Study Conference: Memory Culture in Scandinavian Studies, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- “Motherhood and Documentary Filmmaking: Brothers (2015, Aslaug Holm)”, July 10–11, 2021, Histories of Women in Film and Television: Then and Now, Maynooth, Ireland.
- “Performing the Chaosmos of the Self in Samuel Beckettʼs That Time”, April 6, 2017, Critical Theory in the Humanities. Resonances of The Work of Judith Butler, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- “Structuralist Horror in Hollis Framptonʼs (nostalgia)”, March 22, 2017, SCMS, Chicago, US.
- “Mapping Film-World Relations to Reality: A New Conceptual Cartography”, November 5, 2016, The Real of Reality, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- “Nightmares to Live By: Thomas Ligotti's Philosophical Horror”, March 19, 2016, ACLA Conference at Harvard University, Cambridge MA, US.
- “The Intermedial and the Transmedial across Samuel Beckett's Artistic Practices”, December 9, 2015, The Real and the Intermedial, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- “The Art of Failure in Films So Bad They're Good”, March 25, 2015, SCMS, Montreal, Canada.
- “The Curious Case of the (Non)Existence of Danish Minor Cinema”, July 7, 2014, Film-Philosophy Conference 2014: A World of Cinemas, Glasgow, UK.
- “The Romanticizing Machine of Doom Metal”, July 16, 2014, 7th International Deleuze Studies Conference, Istanbul, Turkey.
- “Samuel Beckett's Borderless Cinematic Avant-Garde Practices”, June 19, 2014, NECS Conference: Creative Energies, Creative Industries, Milan, Italy.
- “The Filmic Century/Centuries of the Mind – Tracing the Beginnings of the Subjective Cinema”, May 9, 2014, International Conference on Philosophy and Film, Lisbon, Portugal
- “In Search of Mindscapes and Neuroscapes in Avant-garde Cinema”, Nov. 15, 2013, Doctoral Studies in Film and Media in the Age of Interdisciplinary Crossroads, Stockholm, Sweden.
- NECS Film-Philosophy Workgroup Meeting, “Transitions in Film-Philosophy” panel discussion with Dimitri Liebsch, Atėnė Mendelytė, Elisabeth Brun and Sudeep Dasgupta. 11th June, 2021, NECS Conference 2021. Transitions: Moving Images and Bodies, 7th– 13th June 2021, Palermo, Italy.
- “Writing for Publication” panel discussion with Atėnė Mendelytė, Valerie Heffernan, Marian Crowley-Henry, Gloria Kirwan, 15th June 2021, MotherNet Summer School, 14th–18th June 2021, Maynooth, Ireland.