Address: Universiteto 5, LT-01122 Vilnius, Skandinavistikos centras
Phone number: +370 5 268 7235
Consultation hours: Appoint by e-mail
- Langauge ideologies
- Language policy
- Discourse theory
- Contemporary Norwegian language, culture and society.
- Academic writing (Norwegian)
- Language and Ideology
- Vukotić, Vuk. Language serves the people, not the other way around! Ideologies of language in Lithuania, Norway, Serbia and the Baltic, Scandinavian and Ex-Yugoslav regions. A typological perspective on metalinguistic media discourses and language policies. PhD dissertation. Vilnius: Research Institute of the Lithuanian Language, 2019. PDF
- Vukotić, Vuk. (2019). Social engineers and myth-busters: A comparative research on Lithuanian, Norwegian and Serbian language experts. Taikomoji kalbotyra 13, 292-344. https://taikomojikalbotyra.lt/ojs/index.php/taikomoji-kalbotyra/article/view/201
- Vukotić, Vuk. (2019). The power of top-down language planning: a comparative investigation of three European regions. Darbai ir dienos 71, 11-31. https://www.vdu.lt/cris/bitstream/20.500.12259/99571/1/ISSN2335-8769_2019_N_71.PG_11-31.pdf
- Vukotić, Vuk. (2017). "The nation-building linguist: On the status and ideologies oflanguage planning institutions inpost-1990s Croatia and Lithuania". Ludmilla A‘Beckett & Theodorus Du Plessis. In pursuit ofsocietal harmony: Reviewing the experiences and approaches in officially monolingual and officially multilingual countries, 169-183. SUN Media: Bloemfontein.
- Vukotić, Vuk. (2016). "A Language Expert Protects True Values and National Interests": A Look into the Construction of Linguistic Expertise in the Metalinguistic Discourses in Lithuania and Serbia. Komunikacija i kulture online 7, 155-182. http://www.
- Vukotić, Vuk. (2016) What does “language” mean for its users? Constructing a theoretical model of a notion of language in the public space. Taikomoji kalbotyra 8. https://taikomojikalbotyra.lt/ojs/index.php/taikomoji-kalbotyra/article/view/75/67
- Vukotić, Vuk. (2014) Conflicting notions of language in metalinguistic discourses in Lithuania, Norway and Serbia. Taikomoji kalbotyra 5. https://taikomojikalbotyra.lt/ojs/index.php/taikomoji-kalbotyra/article/view/38/37
- Vukotic, V. (2010) Putujem u Norvešku [Vaižiuoju į Norvegija]. Belgradas:Marso Publishing (Serbų-norvegų pasikalbėjimų knygelė)
RESEARCH AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
PhD student of the Institute of Lithuanian Language.
Dissertation subject: Typological research of Language ideologies in the Balkans, Baltic and Nordic regions, with special focus on metalinguistic commentaries in Lithuania, Norway and Serbia.
- 5th International Conference of Applied Linguistics in Lithuania, 26-28 September 2019. Vilnius University, Lithuania. Presentation topic: "Language, norm and the speaker in public discourse by internet commentators"
- International Conference on Sociolinguistics 2, 6-9 September 2018. Eötvös Loránd University Budapest, Hungary. Presentation topic: “Can we compare language ideologies?”
- AABS Conference, June 1-3, 2018. Stanford, California, USA. "Standard-language-nationalism between Politics and Academia in Lithuania and Serbia"
- Socforumas, 20 May 2017. Molėtai, Lithuania. "Kalbinio autoriteto samprata ir interdiskursyvumas – Lietuvos ir Serbijos atvejai"
- Sociolinguistics Symposium 21, 15-18 June, 2016. Murcia, Spain. "Construction of linguistic expertise among language users: Cases of Lithuania and Serbia"
- International conference on language policy in multicultural and multilingual settings, 8-11 February 8, 2016. Mandalay, Myanmar. "Brave new words: The political functions of purist and monolingual language policies in post-1990 in Croatia and Lithuania"
- GLOBE 2015: East-West forum on discourse, 14-16 May, 2015. Warsaw, Poland. "After purism: Language as a competing product. On the metalinguistic discourse in online discussions about the Lithuanian language"
- Language in Media conference VI, 7-9 September, 2015. Hamburg, Germany. "Folk notions of language: Four unique metaphors of language in metalinguistic online commentaries in Lithuania, Norway and Serbia"
- The Young Linguists' International Conference, 28 June, 2014. Stockholm, Sweden. “National language management from zero to absolute control: Types of language ideologies in language management practices. Case of Croatia, Norway, Serbia and Sweden”
- Sociolinguistics Symposium 20, 15-18 June, 2014. Jyväskylä, Finland. “They cannot speak their mother tongue! Online commentaries about “decreasing” mother tongues competences in Serbia, Sweden and Lithuania”
- Young researcher seminar (Jaunųjų tyrėjų seminaras Užuovėjos), 12- 15 September, 2013. Nida, Lithuania. Presentation topic: “Expressing language ideologies in public discourse – methodological approaches”