Estonian Graduate School of Culture Studies and Arts (GSCSA) and Graduate School of Linguistics, Philosophy and Semiotics (GSLPS) invite you to participate in the 9th Winter School Troubling Gender: Theory and Method (February 3–7, 2020, University of Tartu, 4 ECTS credits).
The programme of the Winter School consists of:
- interdisciplinary lectures and discussions conducted by Estonian and guest lecturers;
- seminars in smaller groups moderated by guest lecturers;
- one day of specialized and practical workshops.
All seminars and workshops require previous registration. Plenary lectures are open to the public!
Winter School lecturers include:
- Prof. Jack Halberstam (University of Southern California)
- Prof. Angela McRobbie (Goldsmiths University of London)
- Prof. Gabriele Griffin (Uppsala University)
- Prof. Anne Pauwels (SOAS University of London)
- Prof. Susanna Paasonen (University of Turku)
- Dr. Roberto Kulpa (University of Plymouth)
- Prof. Lucas Gottzén (Stockholm University)
- Prof. Todd Reeser (University of Pittsburg)
The language of the Winter School is English.
The registration is open to both doctoral students of Estonian and non-Estonian universities interested in the topic. Grounded applications of MA students are considered for participation by the organising committee. Please register HERE > (deadline for registration is December 3, 2019).
The accommodation and travel costs of the students of GSCSA and GSLPS will be reimbursed. Accommodation will be arranged by the organizers.
Upon approval of their participation, the students of non-Estonian universities may additionally apply for accommodation which can be provided to a limited number of participants for the time of the Winter School. Graduate schools cannot cover the travel expenses for the visiting students' tickets. In case doctoral students are accepted for the Winter School, there is no registration fee.
More information about arrival in Estonia is available here >
Student’s participation in the full programme of the event is confirmed by the student’s signature on the signature sheets of the event (separate sheet for each day). Participant gets a certificate of completion (completed the full programme) or a certificate of attendance (attended part of the programme). The certificate of completion or attendance can be either electronic (sufficient for using within the University of Tartu) or on paper.
Hosting institution: University of Tartu
Professor Kristin Kuutma (University of Tartu; Head of the GSCSA Programme at the University of Tartu)
Professor Raili Marling (University of Tartu)
Programme Manager: Ann Veismann (University of Tartu)
Please find more information on Winter School homepage >
The event is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (University of Tartu ASTRA Project PER ASPERA).